Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this soup using my Kittencal's Best Chicken Stock/Broth (Crock Pot Option) but since everyone might not have time or want to make homemade stock I have listed amounts for canned soup, you have the choice of using either, *please* do not omit the fresh ginger, it really brings out so much extra flavour in the soup, if you are using canned broth make certain to use a good-quality broth, the success of the soup will depend on it --- cooked rice may be used in place of the egg noodles, the veggie amounts may be adjusted to taste, and chicken bouillon is only optional, if you are using canned chicken broth you might want to add in for extra flavor ;-)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger (can use a bit more)
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- 4 (14 ounce) cansgood-quality condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oxo chicken bouillon powder (or use 1 small package) (optional)
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 cups wide cooked egg noodles (or use as much as desired)
- fresh ground black pepper (use lots black pepper!)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- salt (and to taste) (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven or pot heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in onions, garlic, ginger, carrots and celery; cook stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add in canned broth, water and bouillon powder (if using) bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until veggies are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Add in the cooked chicken breast and cooked egg noodles; simmer about 5 minutes or heated through.
- Season with salt and lots black pepper.
- Add in a pinch cayenne pepper if desired.
Delicious! I made your homemade egg noodles for the soup. I subbed butter for oil and used Better Than Bullion approx. 3 Tbsp and 1 c less water. I also left out the chicken. It was for my girlfriend's sore throat. But we both really enjoyed it. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing!