1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo
This recipe was developed with my Kittencal's Alfredo Sauce --- the amounts listed are enough to serve 6-8 people but it depends on the size of the portions you serve, you may reduce the recipe by half but I suggest to make the full amount I always do for my family of four, if there is any leftovers it always gets eaten for a midnight snack or you can serve it the next day --- the amounts for the mushrooms, chicken breast and pasta are really only a guideline you may increase or decrease slightly --- this is actually a quick recipe to throw together once you have cooked the chicken and mushrooms and to save time they may be cooked up to a day in advance, the chicken breast may be cooked in the oven instead for the skillet at 400°F. for 25 minutes, cooled then cubed --- cooking time is only for the alfredo sauce --- you will *love* this dish! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces, can use thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (200 g) packages fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 600 g uncooked linguine (or use spaghetti, can use more)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (use a little more if you like lots of garlic flavor)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- seasoning salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste, or use white salt)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 1In a 4-quart heavy pot or a large skillet that is equivalent or close to that size, heat oil over medium heat; add in the chicken breast and season lightly with salt and pepper; cook on all sides until just done (about 8-10 minutes, do not overcook or the chicken or it will be dry) remove to a large bowl.
- 2In the same skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add in mushroom slices and sauté until browned (about 10-12 minutes) transfer to the bowl with the cooked chicken; set aside while cooking the pasta and preparing the sauce (or you may cover and chill for up to 24 hours).
- 3Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente (don't overcook pasta) drain but do not rinse.
- 4Place cooked pasta in a large bowl and toss with 2-3 tablespoons oil or butter to prevent sticking; set aside.
- 5For alfredo sauce; wipe the skillet clean, then melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 6Add in thyme, cayenne pepper and fresh garlic; stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Add in flour and stir for 1 minutes.
- 8Add in the half and half cream and whipping cream; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring constantly.
- 9Reduce heat to low then mix in Parmesan cheese; cook stirring over low heat until heated through and bubbly.
- 10Season with seasoned salt or white salt and black pepper to taste.
- 11Add/mix in the cooked cubed chicken and mushrooms; cook stirring for about 10 minutes until heated through.
- 12Spoon the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss, then sprinkle more Parmesan on top.
- 13This sauce will thicken upon standing.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1079.3
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 235.5 mg
- Sodium 511.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 62.2 g