1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Cheesy Shepherd's Pie
This recipe is a regular in our house and is one of my family's favourite dinners --- I have listed some additions on bottom of the recipe that may be added to the ground beef mixture but that is only optional ---prep time does not include cooking the potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (undiluted and divided)
- 3 cups hot russet mashed potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (use whole or sliced)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use more or less)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (your choice of veggies)
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 9-inch or an 11 x 7-inch square baking dish.
- 3For potato topping; combine half a can of cheddar cheese soup with hot mashed potatoes; set aside.
- 4In a fry pan brown ground beef with oregano, chopped onion and garlic; drain off fat, then stir in Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, shredded cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 5Meanwhile cook mixed veggies according to package directions; drain well then add to beef mixture along with the remaining half of cheese soup.
- 6Add in your choice of additions, then season with salt and pepper to taste; mix to combine and simmer uncovered for about 20-30 minutes over medium-low heat stirring occasionally.
- 7Spoon meat mixture into greased pan; spread the hot mashed potato mixture evenly over top.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is light golden brown.
- 9Sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top then allow to melt.
- 11ADDITIONS, use one or all of 3/4 cups good quality beef broth mix/wisked with 2 tablespoons flour (for a thicker ground beef mixture) -- one can cream style corn/ one tablespoon Dijon mustard -- 1/3 cup Heinz chili sauce or ketchup -- 1/2 package of dry onion soup mix -- 2 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce OR 1-2 small packages beef bouillon powder.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Cheesy Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 1118.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 36.4 g