Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Made as stated this will create the absolute best cheesecake on the planet! ---plan ahead this needs to chill overnight before serving --- servings are only estimated it will depend on what size slices you serve.
Top Review by nita 284904 southern girl
KITTEN Your description is right on target. Nothing I can say would describe it better . I've given this recipe to friends and family and they totally agree this recipe CANNOT be beat. My only regret is I didnt make it sooner.
- 24 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (28 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan,.
- For the crust; in a bowl combine the cookie crumbs with melted butter; mix until well combined (I use my hands for this).
- Pat into the bottom of the springform pan; chill while making the filling.
- For the filling in a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add in flour; beat until completely combined.
- Add in sour cream; beat until well combined.
- Pour over the crust in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat off and open the oven door to stay slightly.
- Allow the baked cheesecake to remain in the oven for 1 hour (with heat turned off).
- Cool slightly at room temperature then refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving release the sides of the pan from the cheesecake.
- Slice as desired then top slices with pie filling.