Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made as stated this will create the absolute best cheesecake on the planet! ---plan ahead this needs to chill overnight before serving --- servings are only estimated it will depend on what size slices you serve.
- 24 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (28 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan,.
- For the crust; in a bowl combine the cookie crumbs with melted butter; mix until well combined (I use my hands for this).
- Pat into the bottom of the springform pan; chill while making the filling.
- For the filling in a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add in flour; beat until completely combined.
- Add in sour cream; beat until well combined.
- Pour over the crust in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat off and open the oven door to stay slightly.
- Allow the baked cheesecake to remain in the oven for 1 hour (with heat turned off).
- Cool slightly at room temperature then refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving release the sides of the pan from the cheesecake.
- Slice as desired then top slices with pie filling.
KITTEN Your description is right on target. Nothing I can say would describe it better . I've given this recipe to friends and family and they totally agree this recipe CANNOT be beat. My only regret is I didnt make it sooner.
This is the best cheesecake I have ever made. Everyone loved it. This cheesecake is worth the wait. It is rich and creamy and melts in your mouth.
This cheesecake has the perfect texture for me, creamy but still firm. I made it for Thanksgiving and family members were arguing over the last piece. Thanks Kittencal for another great recipe.