1/9 Photos of Kittencal's Caramel Apples
No caramels to unwrap for these there easy and fun to make and the best caramel apples, you may roll the caramel apples in mini M&M's, nuts, chocolate, cereal or just about anything just make certain to roll while the caramel is still soft on the apples --- I made these often when my son was growing up especially around Halloween time, and also for many birthday parties, for me this has been the best recipe and I have tryed my share when my son was young --- kids of all ages just love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Insert 1 wooden stick into each apple.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees (firm ball stage) about 30-40 minutes and for a softer caramel cook just to a few less degrees.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 5Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture; turn to coat.
- 6Holding by the stick, sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm (work quickly the caramel sets up fast).
- 7Set on generously buttered wax paper to cool (make certain to generously butter the paper).
- 8Note: if making a double recipe make two recipes in two separate pots.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Caramel Apples
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 309.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 110.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g