1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Caesar Vinaigrette
6 hrs 5 mins
This is my non-creamy version of a Caesar dressing, and is another favorite that I use for dinner parties when I make a special dinner. Plan ahead this dressing needs to chill for 6 hours to blend flavors, don't make the mistake by adding in too much fresh garlic in this recipe less is best as the garlic flavor will intensify dramatically overnight. Adjust all ingredients to taste. The Parmesan is only optional I like to add it in. Also you could add in one uncooked egg yolk if desired for a richer dressing. Cooking time is 6 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (the garlic must be minced before blending)
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup olive oil (you could use 3/4 cup oil)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt, careful adding in the salt this dressing is already salty from the anchovy
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (use only if needed)
- 1Using a small processor blend lemon juice, anchovies, Dijon mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- 2While the machine is still running slowly drizzle in oil.
- 3Add in Parmesan cheese (if using) blend to combine.
- 4Season with black pepper and salt (if using).
- 5Add in the sugar only if needed and blend again.
- 6Transfer to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before using.
- 8Shake well before using.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Caesar Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1325.6
- Calories from Fat 1308
- Total Fat 145.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 543.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g