Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Your family will be licking there plates clean after tasting this! I use the dressing recipe from my Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad for this salad but you may use your own favorite Caesar dressing... using small new baby potatoes will take this salad to a whole new level, all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste, for this serve the potatoes either room temperature or cold, we prefer room temperature ;-) prep time does not include cooking potatoes, recipe may be doubled if desired to serve more than four
- 5 medium red potatoes
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons (or to taste, see Kittencal's Garlic Croutons)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesalad mixed greens
- 1 small red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 3⁄4-1 cup caesar salad dressing (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- crumbled cooked bacon, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil, cook until fork-tender, drain and cool to room temperature (make certain that the potatoes are completely cooled before using in the salad or they will wilt the lettuce, potatoes may be room temperature or chilled).
- Coarsely chop the cold potatoes and place in a large bowl, then add in cooked cubed chicken and croutons: toss to combine then season with black pepper.
- Place the salad greens in a large serving bowl then toss with onion slices.
- Top with the chicken and potato mixture.
- Drizzle the top with dressing.
- Sprinkle with cooked crumbled bacon (if using) then grated Parmesan cheese.