Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I use the dressing from my Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad but you may of coarse your own favorite dressing, fresh grated parmesan may be substituted for the feta if desired, the croutons are optional you may add in or omit --- the amounts listed are really only a guideline I don't even bother to measure when I prepare this salad so adjust all amounts to suit taste --- if you are not serving immediately then add in the lettuce just before serving :)
Top Review by happynana
Delish! I had some extra dressing left from Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad and I didn't want to waste it, so I made this pasta salad. I had to use canned tomatoes because of off season and I added cucumbers. I will also add more feta cheese next time.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, finely diced (use white, dark or mixed)
- 2 cups small cooked rotini (rinsed under cold water and drained well, can use small penne pasta or similar)
- 1 large romaine lettuce hearts, torn (use the inside heart of the lettuce)
- 1 cup small ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing (see Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste, or use 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese)
- crouton (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl place cooked chicken, pasta, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and sliced onion; mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Season with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese or Parmesan cheese on top of the salad (or you may mix into the salad).
- Serve immediately.