1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Buttery Flaky Shortbread Pan Cookies
This recipe will make two pans of the most delicious flaky buttery shortbread and may I add these travel well for shipping ;-) --- using a food processor insures that you will have a very tender flaky cookie, plus they take only minutes to make, these may be made up to 2 weeks in advance and store at room temperature in an airtight container, but they won't last that long lol! and they only get better with time! If you are using unsalted butter then increase the salt to 1/4 teaspoon --- make certain to slice the cookies while it is still warm and then cool completely --- while the baked cookie dough is still warm you can cut into small shapes or circles if desired --- you will *love* these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces (make certain that butter is very cold, place in freezer for about 5-8 minutes)
- 1 cup red and green maraschino cherries, chopped or 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- 1Set oven to 325°F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Prepare two (8-inch) round cake pans (can use 8 x8 -inch square pan also).
- 3In a food processor blend the first 4 dry ingredients.
- 4Add in the cold butter pieces, and blend for about 30 seconds or more to combine.
- 5Mix in the chopped maraschino cherries or cranberries.
- 6Divide the mixture evenly between the two pans, then press the dough in firmly.
- 7Bake for about 30-35 minutes (longer for more crispy) or until baked through and pale golden (don't over bake!).
- 8Cool the baked dough in pans for 10 minutes.
- 9While the baked dough is still warm cut into small squares (or wedges if using a round pan) then cool completely.
- 10Using a spatula transfer to a plate.
- 11Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Buttery Flaky Shortbread Pan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1719.9
- Calories from Fat 838
- Total Fat 93.1 g
- Saturated Fat 58.4 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 962.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 127.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g