1/114 Photos of Kittencal's Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies W/ Icing That Hardens
2 hrs 4 mins
You will not find a better sugar cookie anywhere you search, this will most likely be the only sugar cookie you will use, not only are these cookies buttery delicious, the dough is an absolute dream to work with, it rolls out easily and is easy to handle, also the cookies hold their shape when baked something many sugar cookies do not do --- make as many different colors as desired in separate bowls with the icing, the cookies must be completely cooled before icing --- plan ahead the dough must be chilled for at least 2 hours before rolling -- since these are topped with icing they are not a sweet cookie if you want a sweeter taste then increase the sugar amount
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1For cookies; in a large bowl combine butter with sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- 2In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- 3Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- 4Set oven to 400°F.
- 5Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (do not grease cookie sheets use parchment paper only).
- 6On a very lightly floured surface roll out the dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- 7Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- 8Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 4-6 minutes.
- 10Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely before icing.
- 11For the frosting; in a small bowl mix the confectioners sugar with milk (start with 1-2 tablespoons, you will likely need more milk for the perfect spreading consistency).
- 12Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until the icing is smooth and glossy (if the icing is too thick add in a small amount more of corn syrup).
- 13Divide into as many separate bowls as you wish for different colours.
- 14Add in food colouring until desired intensity is achieved.
- 15Paint the icing over the cookies using a brush, or dip edges of cookies into icing.
- 16Allow to set on waxed paper.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies W/ Icing That Hardens
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 107.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g