Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
With only very few ingredients and five minutes to make it just couldn't get any easier and it tastes so good! ---it goes great with bread pudding, over ice cream and with desserts :)
- 118.29 ml salted butter (no substitutions)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml brown sugar (well packed)
- 158.51 ml heavy whipping cream, unwhipped (35% cream, no less! can use a little more cream)
- 9.85-19.71 ml vanilla extract (optional)
- In a small saucepan melt butter with salt.
- Add the brown sugar; whisk until combined and thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the whipping cream, until thoroughly blended (2 more minutes).
- Mix in vanilla (if using) until combined.
- NOTE; this sauce will thicken up more when refrigerated.
This is soooo good. I use it all the time to make Caramel Macchiato's. I dumped out my store bought Smuckers Caramel, washed the no mess bottle out well and put this caramel in it. It's and convient to use. Thanks for the amazing recipe!
This is a fantastic recipe and what flavor. At first mine turned out grainy (my fault). The next day I added water and a bit of butter and reheated it for a wonderful smooth texture. Even grainy, the flavor was good. I added vanilla bean seeds for a little extra touch. I did have some sauce left over after I used it on the Harvest Pumpkin Cheesecake and I add it to my coffee in the mornings. YUMMY
As ALWAYS Kittencal a perfect and simple recipe. Used this for a topper with a bread pudding I am developing and well, they just got married. This sauce will stay as my bread puddings condiment of choice. It will also 'cheat' on my bread pudding with ice cream and etc throughout the ages! Thank you!