Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
With only very few ingredients and five minutes to make it just couldn't get any easier and it tastes so good! ---it goes great with bread pudding, over ice cream and with desserts :)
Top Review by Amber D
This is soooo good. I use it all the time to make Caramel Macchiato's. I dumped out my store bought Smuckers Caramel, washed the no mess bottle out well and put this caramel in it. It's and convient to use. Thanks for the amazing recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (well packed)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream, unwhipped (35% cream, no less! can use a little more cream)
- 2 -4 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan melt butter with salt.
- Add the brown sugar; whisk until combined and thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the whipping cream, until thoroughly blended (2 more minutes).
- Mix in vanilla (if using) until combined.
- NOTE; this sauce will thicken up more when refrigerated.