This is so easy and it makes a wonderful blueberry pie, this filling freezes wonderful and will makes enough for one 9-inch pie, the filling also makes a great topping for cakes and cheesecakes --- you may make the filling up to step 4 and then freeze in a plastic container, if you are doubling the recipe prepare two separate recipes and make in two saucepans, I do not recommend to double into one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan mix the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- 2Mix the cornstarch with cold water (adding in just enough water to create a thick paste).
- 3Pour over the berries whisking vigorously.
- 4Cook stirring until thick and smooth; cool slightly.
- 5At this point you may freeze the filling or continue with pie recipe.
- 6Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
- 7Place the top crust over and seal/ flute edges as desired.
- 8Make 2-3 small slits on the top of crust.
- 9If desired you may brush with cream then sprinkle sugar over top.
- 10Place the pie on a baking sheet.
- 11Set oven to 400°F (oven rack set to lowest position).
- 12Bake for 10 minutes then reduce to 350°F and continue to bake for about 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Blueberry Pie (Option for Freezing)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g