Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
There is only a subtle banana flavor it is added in mostly for texture not flavor, these bake out lovely with a nice high point on top --- if desired drizzle glaze over the tops of the cooled loaves, see my Kittencal's Easy Creamy White Glaze
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar (can reduce the sugar a few tablespoon if desired)
- 2 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (optional, can use more)
- 236.59-354.88 ml blueberries (fresh or unthawed frozen)
- glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease three mini loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter with sugar (about 2 minutes).
- Add in eggs and vanilla; continue beating for another 2-3 minutes or until no sugar granules remain.
- On low speed mix in the mashed banana until blended.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture just until blended (do not over mix).
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the loaves test done.
- Cool slightly in pan then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze if desired.
This is another wonderful recipe from Kittencal's kitchen. I used a little less sugar than the recipe called for, and it was plenty sweet. I used half white flour and half whole wheat pastry flour. Also, I baked my bread in a 9 x 5 loaf pan, so adjusted the cooking time up. This recipe is going into my file. Thanks so much!
Wish I could give this more than 5 stars Kitt! These were awesome! I did reduce the sugar to a little over half cup, and it was perfect. My picky hubby loves blueberries, so this is perfect for his coffee and ??? Thanks so much for posting, this is definately a keeper! Made for Chef's Pick at KK.
simply the best I have ever had wow these babies sure rise high, so moist with tones of wonderful flavor, Kit you have the best outstanding recipes, where is your cookbook?