Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These have been a favorite for years, when I serve these at my get togethers or make them for socials and large events they are always the first to go and everyone wants the recipe, I suggest to use large, extra large or even jumbo eggs for this, I like to make the yolk filling a day ahead and refrigerate this will blend the flavors --- for a nice presentation place each egg half in a colored paper muffin liner --- all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste --- see my Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (I always boil a few more eggs, eat the whites then add in the yolks to increase the filling mixture!)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (I like to use half salad dressing and mayonnaise)
- 29.58 ml milk (or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream)
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 2.46 ml dried chives (or use 1 large very finely chopped green onion in place of dried chives)
- 2.46 ml ground mustard powder
- 0.59-1.23 ml dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1.23 ml paprika (a little more for dusting the eggs)
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove the yolks, and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mush yolks well with a fork, leaving no small lumps.
- Add next 10 ingredients (adjusting to suit taste) mix well to combine.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture evenly into the whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (if not making the yolk mixture a day ahead it is best to prepare the eggs and refrigerate for about 5 hours before serving this will give the flavors a chance to blend and intensify).
Absolutly delicious! I agree with You! These are the best Deviled Eggs I've ever had! A neat trick with deviled eggs is put everything but the whites in a zip-lock bag and knead the bag 'til throughly mixed. cut a lower corner off of the bag and pipe the filling into the whites. No fuss! No muss! No torn whites!To clean up, throw away the bag.
Hands down the best deviled eggs I've ever made - period! The flavor of the filling is just amazing. I'm never disappointed when the recipe is from Kittencal, you just can't go wrong.
I made these for appetizers on Christmas Day. They were a hit! I thought I had made too many-over 24-but they were all gone very quickly. As suggested, I used more egg yolks than whites for the filling-definitely helped! I also added a little Tabasco to spice them up a bit. Thanks for the recipe!