1/12 Photos of Kittencal's Best Deviled Eggs
These have been a favorite for years, when I serve these at my get togethers or make them for socials and large events they are always the first to go and everyone wants the recipe, I suggest to use large, extra large or even jumbo eggs for this, I like to make the yolk filling a day ahead and refrigerate this will blend the flavors --- for a nice presentation place each egg half in a colored paper muffin liner --- all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste --- see my Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (I always boil a few more eggs, eat the whites then add in the yolks to increase the filling mixture!)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I like to use half salad dressing and mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons milk (or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives (or use 1 large very finely chopped green onion in place of dried chives)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (a little more for dusting the eggs)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove the yolks, and set whites aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mush yolks well with a fork, leaving no small lumps.
- 3Add next 10 ingredients (adjusting to suit taste) mix well to combine.
- 4Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture evenly into the whites.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika.
- 6Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- 7Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (if not making the yolk mixture a day ahead it is best to prepare the eggs and refrigerate for about 5 hours before serving this will give the flavors a chance to blend and intensify).
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Best Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g