Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These have been a favorite for years, when I serve these at my get togethers or make them for socials and large events they are always the first to go and everyone wants the recipe, I suggest to use large, extra large or even jumbo eggs for this, I like to make the yolk filling a day ahead and refrigerate this will blend the flavors --- for a nice presentation place each egg half in a colored paper muffin liner --- all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste --- see my Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
Top Review by Pierre Dance
Absolutly delicious! I agree with You! These are the best Deviled Eggs I've ever had! A neat trick with deviled eggs is put everything but the whites in a zip-lock bag and knead the bag 'til throughly mixed. cut a lower corner off of the bag and pipe the filling into the whites. No fuss! No muss! No torn whites!To clean up, throw away the bag.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (I always boil a few more eggs, eat the whites then add in the yolks to increase the filling mixture!)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I like to use half salad dressing and mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons milk (or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives (or use 1 large very finely chopped green onion in place of dried chives)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (a little more for dusting the eggs)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove the yolks, and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mush yolks well with a fork, leaving no small lumps.
- Add next 10 ingredients (adjusting to suit taste) mix well to combine.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture evenly into the whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (if not making the yolk mixture a day ahead it is best to prepare the eggs and refrigerate for about 5 hours before serving this will give the flavors a chance to blend and intensify).