1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Best Brown Sugar Turkey Brine
This brine is enough for up to a 20-pound whole turkey and will produce the most juiciest and delicious bird you will ever have, with this brine you will taste only the turkey not any extra herbs or flavorings that are added in to some brines --- I use my food-safe picnic cooler to brine my turkey in it works quite well, you might want to purchase one if you plan on brining your turkey on a regular basis, and you will once you have tried this method just make certain to purchase one that is food-safe --- you may omit the garlic but I strongly suggest to add it --- you must use only kosher salt not regular table salt --- if desired after brining continue with my Kittencal's Perfect Roasted Whole Turkey (Great for Beginners)
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 32 cups warm water (2 gallons)
- 1 cup kosher salt (must use kosher salt ONLY)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (well-packed)
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns (can use 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh coarsely chopped garlic (or slice the cloves into thirds)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 whole turkey (up to 20 pounds)
- 1In a large bucket or container mix together the warm water with brown sugar and salt; stir until NO kosher salt and sugar granules remain in the water (make certain to use very warm water so that the salt and suagr will dissolve easily and completely).
- 2Add in Worcestershire sauce, peppercorns, and garlic; stir until the Worcestershire sauce is combined.
- 3Cool the water until almost room temperature.
- 4Wash the turkey inside and out with cold water, then place in the brine (if the brine does not quite cover the turkey, then place it breast-side up to start, then turn it over after a couple of hours later).
- 5Place in refrigerator for 24 hours,.
- 6Remove the turkey from the brine and rinse the turkey THOROUGHLY under cold running water.
- 7Pat dry with paper towels then cover and refrigerate if not preparing right away or continue with my turkey recipe (#199612).
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Best Brown Sugar Turkey Brine
Serving Size: 1 (13412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 3651.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g