1/9 Photos of Kittencal's Beer Battered Fish
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A long time favorite I have used for over 25 years, plan ahead the batter needs to sit for one hour before using --- the amounts listed will be enough for 2 pounds of fish, you may double but make certain to prepare two separate recipes in two bowls, do not double into one bowl as the batter will not be as good --- you may wish to add in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and paprika to the flour mixture for extra flavor and for a little heat add in a pinch of cayenne pepper :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and salt, add butter and egg; add beer gradually, add beaten egg white, stirring only until smooth.
- 2Let stand for 1 hour in a warm place.
- 3In a deep fryer or heavy pot heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 4Dip fish in batter then fry in hot oil until golden brown (fry the fish in batches).
- 5Allow to drain on a heavy brown paper bag or on double paper towels.
- 6** It is best to use thinner pieces of fish if you intend to fry the whole piece or just cut into large chunks.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Beer Battered Fish
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 697.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: