1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Beef Gravy
This is not a fancy beef gravy and I am not claiming it to be the best, but for the ease of this recipe it's sure a great gravy that can be used for many recipes --- my favorite way to use this gravy is prepare as directed then add in slices of cooked leftover beef roast, steak or cooked meatballs to hot gravy, then serve on toasted buns with mashed potatoes--- the amount of flour listed will give you a thick gravy if you prefer a thinner gravy reduce the flour by 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons --- do not add any salt if desired it may be added in at the end of cooking --- also see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour (for a very thick gravy increase to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon oxo beef bouillon powder (or to taste, I use 2 small package OXO beef bouillon powder)
- 4 cups canned low sodium beef broth (or use beef pan drippings with broth to make up 4 cups, omit the bouillon if using beef drippings)
- 1In a saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter or margarine until bubbly (do not brown).
- 2Add in the black pepper, garlic powder (if using) and flour, then whisk for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add in the beef broth and beef bouillon powder (or beef broth mixed with pan drippings) stir over low heat until smooth, thickened and bubbly about 3 minutes).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Beef Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g