Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can double the filling mixture or prepare the complete burrito and freeze, trust me when you taste these burritos you will be making them all the time! If you are using dryed pinto beans then they will need to soak in water for 24 hours. Prep time does not include soaking the beans for 24 hours. The recipe can be made using half ground beef and ground pork if desired Yield is only estimated depending on the amount of filling used in the burrito, all amounts may be adjusted to suit taste.
Top Review by MarraMamba
wow are these good! the only thing i did differently is use a can of burrito refried beans (they have green chilis and garlic in them) bc i didn't have any raw ones. Plus i like refried beans in burritos lol oooey gooey goodness, just fantastic.
- 2 cups pinto beans or 1 lb dry pinto beans
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well for this)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (or use 2 medium onions)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- seasoning salt (or taste, or use white salt)
- 1 -2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups salsa (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup diced chile (or to taste)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 6 -10 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dryed pinto beans, soak overnight; drain cook beans the next morning in 4 quarts fresh cold water, season with salt to taste; mash well with a fork or spoon.
- Brown the meat with cayenne pepper, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno peppers and taco seasoning mix; drain fat, then season with seasoned or whitesalt and pepper.
- Add in chilies and salsa; stir into beans.
- Stir in grated cheeses; mix well.
- Spoon into flour tortilla, and fold.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- **You can prepare these and then freeze to bake later, if you are freezing them, prepare the filling wrap in tortilla, and then freeze in foil.
- **To bake frozen just remove from freezer and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes in foil.