1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Beef and Bell Pepper Sandwich
This is a great way to use up leftover steak or roast beef, my family loves these sandwiches, feel free to adjust amounts to taste --- prep time does not include cooked the peppers and onions, if I know I will be serving these sandwiches I most always prepare the bell pepper/onion mixture well in advance, I have left the sauteed mushrooms as optional they do however make a great addition to this sandwich :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sauteed sliced mushrooms (optional, can use more)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced very thin
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced very thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 lbs thinly sliced deli roast beef or 2 lbs cooked steak
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese or 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 Italian rolls, sliced and lightly toasted
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in sliced bell peppers and onions with cayenne pepper; saute stirring until softened.
- 3Add in garlic and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Season with black pepper and salt.
- 5Pile/divide the sliced beef onto the toasted buns then sprinkle the beef with freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Place the cheese onto the beef then place the bell pepper mixture and sauteed mushrooms (if using) on top of the cheese.
- 7Cover with the remaining toasted half of the roll.
- 8Wrap each roll in a paper towel and microwave until just heated through (about 45 seconds).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Beef and Bell Pepper Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.9
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 288.7 mg
- Sodium 5784.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 84.3 g