Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is not for anyone on a salt restricted diet, I have left the garlic as optional if you are a garlic lover then add in --- this brine is enough for 4 large pork chops or 1 pork tenderloin, for a larger amount of pork chops prepare ingredients listed but in two separate bowls, do not double into one bowl --- kosher salt only for this, feel free to add in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary.
Top Review by GSMontana
Used this for a small pork roast and it was wonderful. Reduced salt to 1T and was not too salty. Then tried with pork chops. Also very moist, but the lemon flavor was too strong. When do again will reduce amount of lemon if doing chops.
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 large fresh garlic cloves, sliced into four pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the buttermilk with kosher salt and sugar; whisk until no granules remain (this should take a few minutes).
- Mix in lemon rind and garlic pieces.
- Add in pork; toss to coat with the brine.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove the pork, then rinse well under cold water.
- Proceed to cook as desired.