1/11 Photos of Kittencal's Banana Cinnamon Snack Cake or Muffins (Low-Fat)
A wonderful lower-fat cake/muffin recipe that's easy to make as everything is mixed by hand --- this recipe was tested and developed using low-fat yogurt although I would think that low-fat sour cream may be substituted with good results --- visit www.kittencalskitchen.com for more low-fat recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 8 or 9-inch square baking pan or line muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, banana, oil, egg and vanilla.
- 5Pour over dry ingredients, and gently stir with a spatula until JUST blended (do not over mix).
- 6Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
- 7Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top of the cake is light brown, and edges begin to pull away from sides of the pan (bake slightly less time for muffins).
- 8Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Loosen sides of cake with a dinner knife or a spatula.
- 10Invert cake right side up and cool completely.
- 11Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Banana Cinnamon Snack Cake or Muffins (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g