Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
To save some time prepare the topping in advance and refrigerate. You should get around 10-12 muffins depending on the size of bananas you use, the yield is only estimated, 1 cup of sugar will give you a sweet muffin you may reduce the sugar if desired --- these bake out high and moist with lots of flavor and are one of my family's all-time favorite muffins, you will love these!
Top Review by DuChick
What a muffin! These are moist, big and full of flavor...the perfect sidekick to a cup of coffee. I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup and they have the right amount of sweetness. These would be great even w/o the topping. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup finally chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup cups finely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the topping; in a bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; blend in the soft butter using your fingertips, then add in the finely chopped almonds; set aside.
- Line 12 regular muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium or large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat the melted butter with sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well blended (about 2 minutes) add in the mashed bananas, mix until just blended.
- Using a wooden spoon mix in the flour mixture until JUST blended (the batter will be lumpy).
- Mix in the chopped almonds.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin tins, then sprinkle the topping mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until muffins test done.