1/24 Photos of Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing
This is similar to bakery frosting and so much better than any canned! --- for extra fluffy frosting use heavy cream and make certain to beat for at least 3-5 minutes and remember to sift the confectioners sugar before using. For flavor and color you can add 1-2 envelopes 3-grams each, Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Flavor Mix, any flavor desired.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup crisco white shortening, room temperature (white)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 -6 tablespoons 18% table cream or 4 -6 tablespoons heavy cream, unwhipped or 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (or as needed)
- 2 -4 drops food coloring (OPTIONAL ( OR for flavor and color, use 1-2 envelopes 3-grams each, Duncan Hines Frosting Creations )
- 1In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the shortening and margarine or butter with cream, salt almond extract and vanilla until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- 2Add in sifted confectioners sugar starting with 4-1/2 cups; beat very well until smooth and fluffy, adding more confectioners sugar or cream or milk until you achieve desired consistency.
- 3Add in the food coloring or Flavor Creation powder (if using) until the desired shade is achieved.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing
Serving Size: 1 (889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1049.7
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 357.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 147.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g