Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is similar to bakery frosting and so much better than any canned! --- for extra fluffy frosting use heavy cream and make certain to beat for at least 3-5 minutes and remember to sift the confectioners sugar before using. For flavor and color you can add 1-2 envelopes 3-grams each, Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Flavor Mix, any flavor desired.
Top Review by Pawsfurthought
Once again you remind me why I always look for your name when I search out a recipe. Kittencal has actually become synonymus with awesome in our house; in fact, when my 9-year-old raved about how yummy this frosting is, I said "It's a Kittencal," to which he responded with a shrug, "That explains it." :) YUMMY!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup crisco white shortening, room temperature (white)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 -6 tablespoons 18% table cream or 4 -6 tablespoons heavy cream, unwhipped or 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (or as needed)
- 2 -4 drops food coloring (OPTIONAL ( OR for flavor and color, use 1-2 envelopes 3-grams each, Duncan Hines Frosting Creations )
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the shortening and margarine or butter with cream, salt almond extract and vanilla until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Add in sifted confectioners sugar starting with 4-1/2 cups; beat very well until smooth and fluffy, adding more confectioners sugar or cream or milk until you achieve desired consistency.
- Add in the food coloring or Flavor Creation powder (if using) until the desired shade is achieved.