1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Baked Potato Salad Casserole (Or Cold Potato Salad)
This may be served hot as a casserole or reduce the melted butter amount down to 2 tablespoons and serve as a cold potato salad, either way it's delicious! --- If you are serving hot as a casserole I strongly recommend to have the potatoes cooled to room temperature before using in this recipe or use cold potatoes that have been cooked a day ahead, I have even made this using about 5 cups of thawed frozen hash browns, the complete casserole may be assembled and refrigerated for up to 2 days ahead before baking although it's so delicious cold it might not even make it to the oven, and also makes a large amount which makes this *perfect* dish for potlucks --- if you are baking as a casserole use only mayonnaise such as Hellman's using salad dressing will not be as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes, cooked and cubed (about 9-10 medium potatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's is best for this, do not use salad dressing)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely cubed (or coarsley shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or to taste)
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham (or use cooked chopped chicken or turkey) (optional)
- 1TO SERVE HOT AS A CASSEROLE; grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or use a casserole dish that will hold the mixture).
- 2Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream and melted butter, garlic powder, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- 4Mix in green onion and yellow onion.
- 5Add in the cooked cubed potatoes, cubed cheese and ham (if using) mix with a large spatula until well combined.
- 6Transfer/spread the mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- 7At this point you may cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours until ready to bake.
- 8Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle the grated cheddar on top; return to oven and bake 5-8 minutes more or until the cheese has melted.
- 10TO SERVE AS A COLD POTATO SALAD; make as stated in steps 3-5 reducing the melted butter to 2 tablespoons.
- 11Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or more before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Baked Potato Salad Casserole (Or Cold Potato Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.8
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 693.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: