1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Baked Cheesy Mashed Potato Patties/Croquettes
Since I make these all the time I really don't even bother to measure, the ingredient amounts listed are close to the amounts I usually use you can adjust the amounts to taste, I have left the Parmesan as optional I like to add it in --- for the best texture the potatoes must be russet and they should be oven-baked --- I have use panko in place of the butter crackers but I think the crackers give a better taste --- yield is only estimated depending on the size you make the croquettes --- you may make the mashed potato mixture up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to roll and bake ----- you will love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large russet potatoes (or use 4 medium)
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed
- 1-2 green onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt (or to taste) or 4.92 ml white salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (can use more) (optional)
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 591.47 ml crushed Ritz crackers
- 1Cook the potatoes until fork-tender, transfer to in a large bowl then mash with a potato masher or a fork until fluffy.
- 2Add in the remaining 10 ingredients; mix very well to combine and adjust all seasonings to taste; cool slightly then mix in the egg.
- 3At this point you may refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 4Shape about 3 tablespoons of mixture into a ball.
- 5Roll into the cracker crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- 6Press down with hands to flatten just slightly.
- 7Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 8Set oven to 375 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Baked Cheesy Mashed Potato Patties/Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: