1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Baked Beans and Ground Beef Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This is one of my family's favorite baked bean recipes, it's an easy recipe but big on flavor, and you can adjust all ingredients to taste ;-) The grated cheddar cheese is optional but I like to sprinkle it on towards the end of baking. I have even added in cooked el dente macaroni pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finaly chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large celery rib, chopped (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 finely chopped jalapeno (seeds removed) (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon (diced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce (or use a 14-ounce can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4-1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- salt and black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 2 -3 cups grated cheddar cheese (optional) or 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add in onions, celery and green pepper and jalapeno peppers (if using) cook stirring for about 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add in the garlic and ground beef; cook breaking up the beef with a fork or wooden spoon, cook for about 6 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat from the skillet.
- 5Stir in Parmesan cheese (if using) cooked diced bacon, baked beans, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well to combine.
- 6At this point you can adjust ingredients to taste, then season with salt and black pepper (you can add in a little water if the mixture is too thick).
- 7Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or an oval baking dish.
- 8Transfer the mixture into dish.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese (if using).
- 11Return to oven to bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture has thickened.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Baked Beans and Ground Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 1212.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g