1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Baked Beans and Ground Beef Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This is one of my family's favorite baked bean recipes, it's an easy recipe but big on flavor, and you can adjust all ingredients to taste ;-) The grated cheddar cheese is optional but I like to sprinkle it on towards the end of baking. I have even added in cooked el dente macaroni pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finaly chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large celery rib, chopped (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 finely chopped jalapeno (seeds removed) (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon (diced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce (or use a 14-ounce can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4-1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- salt and black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 2 -3 cups grated cheddar cheese (optional) or 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add in onions, celery and green pepper and jalapeno peppers (if using) cook stirring for about 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add in the garlic and ground beef; cook breaking up the beef with a fork or wooden spoon, cook for about 6 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat from the skillet.
- 5Stir in Parmesan cheese (if using) cooked diced bacon, baked beans, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well to combine.
- 6At this point you can adjust ingredients to taste, then season with salt and black pepper (you can add in a little water if the mixture is too thick).
- 7Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or an oval baking dish.
- 8Transfer the mixture into dish.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese (if using).
- 11Return to oven to bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture has thickened.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Baked Beans and Ground Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 1212.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g