1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Baked Apples
A wonderful treat served warm with vanilla ice cream ---you may double the recipe, and if baking in a larger pan you will need to increase the water, you may also add in about 1/3 cup chopped pecans in with the brown sugar mixture if desired --- the best apples to use for baking are Rome Beauty, Golden Delicious or Jonagold
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2I prefer to bake the apples on the second-lowest oven rack to prevent the apples from darkening on the bottom if you do so then you might need to increase baking time slightly.
- 3Prepare an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- 4Wash and scrub the skins of the apples then dry.
- 5Remove the cores to about 1/2 to 3/4-inch from the bottom (do not core all the way through and make the core about 3/4-inch wide).
- 6In a bowl combine the brown sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) and raisins.
- 7Place the cored apples into the baking pan, then divide/stuff the mixture into each hole of the apples.
- 8Top/dot with 2 teaspoons butter.
- 9Pour the boiling water into the pan.
- 10Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until just fork tender basting the apples with the pan liquid several times during baking (do not overbake or the apples will be mushy, check after about 25 minutes of baking time).
- 11Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Baked Apples
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g