1/46 Photos of Kittencal's 5-Minute Cinnamon Flop Brunch Cake
Except for the the milk and small amount in the egg, the cake itself has very little fat and using low-fat milk will keep the fat to a minimum, I have stated the egg as optional, I strongly suggest to add it in for a more cake-like texture -- If you are looking for a fancy cake to serve then this is not it however for the ease of this cake it is darn good and makes a great weekend brunch cake, it's like a combination of a cake and cinnamon bun all in one, ridiculously simple to make as it's all mixed by hand and takes like 5 minutes to throw together, try adding in some chopped strawberries, apples or blueberries, raisins or dried cranberries, this recipe is a blank canvas, so go ahead and add in fruit, nuts chocolate chips whatever you wish, and to kick this up a notch drizzle Kittencal's Easy Creamy White Glaze on top :) --- servings are only estimated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (add in more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (although the batter will seem like it will fit into only one 8 or 9-inch pan, this flop rises very high and will run over the sides if baked in just one pan).
- 3In a bowl mix the 2 cups flour, 1-1/4 cups white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined careful not to overmix.
- 4Pour into prepared baking pan/s.
- 5Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- 6If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
- 7Drizzle melted butter over top.
- 8Bake for about 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, and about 30 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's 5-Minute Cinnamon Flop Brunch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 183.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g