Less than 1 gram of fat in each muffin but you wouldn't even know they are low-fat, these are even better the next day, and are just as delicious without the berries, of coarse you can use full-fat sour cream or yogurt, flavored yogurts only add to the taste of these muffins, I like to sprinkle a sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of each muffin before baking but that is optional, see note on bottom for doubling the recipe. For greasing see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- visit www.kittencalskitchen.com for more low fat recipes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or Splenda, increase the sugar for a sweeter muffin)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream (or use low-fat sour cream or use fat-free yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) and blueberries.
- In another bowl beat banana, sour cream, sugar, egg and vanilla until just blended; stir into the dry blueberry mixture JUST until combined (do not over mix a few small lumps are fine!).
- Scoop/divide the mixture between the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins test done.
- *NOTE* for a double recipe; because of the large amount of baking powder prepare each recipe in two separate bowls, do not double one recipe into one bowl.