Recipe by Lady Black Mage
This is something my friend Bri and I tried to make last summer when she stayed over for a week. All I can say is this: the tofu must be deep-fried. Or the entire recipe is thrown off.
- 4 pieces aged deep fried tofu, and cut into large triangle shapes
- 1 3⁄4 lbs of dried udon noodles or 1 3⁄4 lbs soba noodles
- 4 green onions
- 6 1⁄2 cups dashi
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broth ingredients in a small pot, and in a separate sauce pan simmer the tofu in a cup of hot dashi.
- Meanwhile, cook the dried noodles, then rinse them in a colander using hot water, drain, an d then transfer to serving bowls.
- Place the tofu on top, pour the hot broth over the noodles and garnish with green onions.