Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
A nice basic yeast roll or soft bread recipe made with your Kitchenaid Mixer
Make and share this KitchenAid Yeast Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt undissolved yeast, Vital wheat Gluten and baking powder in bowl.
- Attach bowl and dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 1 minute.
- Combine milk, water in a saucepan. Heat over low heat, until liquids are very warm (120). Be careful not to get too hot or you will kill the yeast when you add it to the dry ingredients
- Melt Margarine and add to liquid.
- Wisk in Egg.
- Turn to speed 2 and gradually add liquid to flour mixture, about 30 seconds. Mix 1 minute longer. Continue on speed 2, adding remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, as needed. Mix until dough clings to hook, about 5 minutes.
- Knead dough on speed 2 for 7-10 minutes longer, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Stop.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover, let rise in a warm place 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto floured board. Divide in half and shape as desired. Cover; let rise in slightly warm oven (about 90 degrees) for 15 minutes or until doubled in bulk [usually 15 minutes works just fine!].
- Bake at 425, for 12 minutes, or until nice and brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.