1/1 Photo of Kitchenaid Pizza Margherita
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I just recently bought a KitchenAid stand mixer and a Bialetti pizza baking stone. This recipe is a combination of the Crusty Pizza Dough in the KitchenAid manual and the Pizza Margherita recipe that came with my stone. (If you don't have a pizza stone you can use an inverted baking sheet.) Don't let the simplicity of the pizza sauce fool you....very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bulk yeast (or 1 package active dry yeast)
- 1 cup warm water (105 - 115 degrees)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups flour (I use bread flour)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in warm mixer bowl.
- 2Add salt, olive oil and 2 1/2 cups flour.
- 3Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.
- 4Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough, when touched, doesn't leave anything on your hand and dough starts to clean sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2, about 2 minutes longer.
- 5Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from drafts, about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down.
- 6Prepare pizza stone (or baking sheet) by placing on the lowest rack of a cold oven; preheat for 30 minutes at 500 degrees or the highest setting.
- 7When dough is ready, place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a disk. Use a rolling pin or your hands to roll or stretch the dough into a circle that is 1/4" thick and 10" to 12" in diameter. Transfer to a peel (or inverted baking sheet), that has been dusted with semolina or cornmeal.
- 8Brush dough with a little of the olive oil to the edge. Spread tomato sauce over the dough to within 1/2" of the edge. Distribute mozzarella slices over the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Arrange basil leaves over the mozzarella, reserving a few for garnish if desired. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- 9Lightly sprinkle the hot stone (or baking sheet) with a dusting of cornmeal (or semolina).
- 10Carefully slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the bottom is crisp and browned and the top is bubbling. Garnish with reserved basil leaves, if desired.
- 11Note: Preparation and cooking times are combined, for approximately 90 minutes total.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchenaid Pizza Margherita
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 641.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 15.4 g