My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and salt into bowl.
- 2Cut shortening and butter into 4 to 5 pieces and drop into bowl.
- 3Attach bowl and flat beater.
- 4Turn to Stir Speed and cut shortening into flour until particles are size of small peas, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until all particles are moistened.
- 6Use only enough water to make pastry form a ball.
- 7Watch dough closely as over mixing will result in a tough crust.
- 8Chill in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- 9Roll to 1/8-inch thickness between pieces of waxed paper.
- 10Fold pastry into quarters; ease into pie plate and unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- 11Trim and crimp edges.
- 12Fill and bake as desired.
- 13For Baked Pastry Shell: Prick sides and bottom with fork.
- 14Bake at 450F for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown.
- 15Cool completely before filling.
- 16HINT: I also chill the wax paper and rolling pin.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchenaid Pie Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1293.2
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g