1/2 Photos of Kitchenaid Kneaded Basic White Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is for us oldster with bad joints and a decent mixer. My Kitchenaid does all the kneading. Makes one loaf. Good luck
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water, milk, sugar, honey, and oil to pot and warm to 120 degrees.
- 2Remove from heat, add yeast to mixture, stir until dissolved, and let foam, up to 10 minutes.
- 3In mixer, put in all flour and salt, leaving out just enough flour to very lightly flour your board.
- 4Once yeast mixture has foamed, add to flour and mix using bread hook for one minute on power setting 1.
- 5Move mixer to setting 2 and mix/knead another 9 minutes.
- 6Remove dough from mixer, roll lightly on board to shape into a somewhat smooth ball.
- 7Place dough in greased bowl, roll to coat, cover with plastic wrap and a towel, then set in warm place to rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- 8Once doubled, punch down and transfer dough back to mixer. Knead with bread hook another 3 - 5 minutes.
- 9Tightly roll loaf (look for directions on this site) and put in oiled bread pan.
- 10Lightly cover with plastic wrap and napkin and let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes.
- 11Put in preheated 375 degree oven (water bath optional) and bake 45 minutes.
- 12Cool on rack immediatly.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchenaid Kneaded Basic White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1680.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 2402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 319.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 45.6 g