Prep1 hr 30 mins
Posted per request. Comes straight from my KitchenAid Owners Manual.
Make and share this Kitchenaid Honey Oatmeal Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Place water, honey, and margarine in small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until mixture is very warm (120-130°F).
- Place 5 cups flour, oats, salt and yeast in mixer bowl.
- Mix with dough hook on speed 2 (low) about 15 seconds.
- Continue mixing, gradually adding warm water mixture and mix for 1 minute.
- Add eggs and mix 1 minute longer.
- Still on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl.
- Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Punch dough down and divide in half.
- Shape each half into a loaf.
- Place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch baking pan.
- Beat egg white and water together with a fork.
- Brush top of loaves with mixture.
- Sprinkle with oatmeal.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.