Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of these days I'm going to lose my Kitchenaid recipe book for good, instead of just misplacing it as I so often do. This is my insurance that my reputation for fantastic chocolate chip cookies remains intact.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften butter in the microwave. I microwave each stick of butter 15 seconds then rotate 180 degrees and microwave for another 15 seconds. Your oven will be different.
- Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat another 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Sift together baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture over about 2 minutes.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds.
- Turn to Stir Speed and add chocolate chips, mixing for 15 seconds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, longer if you prefer crunchy cookies.
- Let the cookies rest for 1 minute after removing from oven, then remove them and cool on wire racks. Allow the baking sheets to cool about 2 minutes before using them for the next batch.
This recipe was great! I had tried another one straight from the M&M bag...I had to throw the whole batch out...the cookies fell flat. This recipe worked out flawlessly! I got pics to prove it! I will definitely be putting this set of instructions in my recipe box! Thank you! (Btw...I put in chocolate chips and M&Ms!--I got pics of the batter and the outcome! Yum!)
I don't know what it is about this recipe, but these are THE best chocolate chip cookies. My adult son started making these when he got a KitchenAid. Now, I never use any other recipe. <br/>And I thought I knew it all!<br/>I use a medium sized cookie scoop and the cookies are a perfect size to go with the perfect cookie.
I am a non-baker. I don't enjoy baking and honestly, I'm not very good at it. So when I made cookies for my parents they were skeptical... but their reviews said it all! They said these cookies were perfect! This is absolutely the only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need. Better than Tollhouse, Neiman Marcus, Thomas Keller or any other! I definitely agree with using butter, much better results.