Recipe by stimied
This is a very flexible recipe. The only part of this recipe that you need is really the "juice". The snack mix is really up to you. Don't like pretzels? Leave 'em out. Want a different kind of nut? No problem. Sesame sticks and Melba toasts are also wonderful. Take the basic mix and be creative, just adjust the amount of "juice" to fit the amount of snack mix you end up with! My family makes this by the barrel full during the holidays!
- 1 (15 ounce) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (13 ounce) box Kix cereal
- 1 (12 ounce) box Corn Chex
- 1 (15 ounce) bag pretzels
- 1 (16 ounce) box cheese crackers (Cheese Nips)
- 1 lb pecans
- 1 lb almonds
- 1 lb peanuts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons season salt
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a very large container, mix your cereals, pretzels, crackers, nuts and any other goodies you can come up with.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion powder, garlic powder, salt, Worcestershire, tobasco and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until everything is dissolved and well mixed.
- Stir butter mixture into cereal mixture.
- Bake in roasting pans for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight containers.
- Also keeps well in the freezer.