Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is truly a clean-out-your-fridge soup. Use whatever leftovers you have on hand, and anything that needs to be used up. This is just what i did.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (with meat)
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chicken leg, cooked
- 1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery together until limp.
- Add carrots, and sauté a few minutes.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings.
- Add noodles, broken up, and peas and corn.
- Boil until noodles are almost done.
- Add red pepper and cook through.
- Serve hot with buns.
- NOTE: all seasonings can be adjusted according to what you are using. this is just how I used up my left overs. :).
Love a "clean the fridge" soup. Mine differed slightly but I followed your suggestion for beef stock etc. I added leftover chicken, corn, 1/2 cooked potato, blackbeans, Onion, garlic, carrots and a bit of zucchini. For seasoning I used some Italian, pepper and "Spice Depot Hot & Spicy" - Great tasting soup. 6 servings and the fridge is empty of bits and pieces