There is a bit of everything in these! I made these using some leftover ground turkey, added hamburger, diced bacon, etc, etc... and it came out delish! Lately, a few of my meals have been this way (not following a recipe to the letter) and giving great results. I will try to put together some ingredients, though they will be approximate. This was made in the crock pot, spooned onto BIG Kaiser rolls and served with Oven Steak Fries. The recipe could be expanded for larger groups.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbed (or diced)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
- 1 cup pasta sauce (I used Prego)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour (optional)
- -Brown the meat (turkey and beef) in large skillet with onions and peppers over medium heat.
- -Drain off grease.
- -Add the meat mixture, along with the remaining ingredients to the crock-pot and give it a quick stir. See NOTE at the bottom.
- -If it looks too "soupy", then add 1 tbsp of flour to thicken.
- -Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- -Serve on seeded Kaisers (or rolls of choice) with a salad, french fries or potato salad.
- NOTE: I made this is my small crock-pot, so I don't know cooking times for a large one.