Recipe by ellie_
I created this salad when I wanted a simple shrimp salad that also used a lot of the vegies and fruit that I had in the refrig. This salad is very adaptable to whatever fresh fruits and vegetables are on hand. Recipe loosely adapted from All Recipes.
Top Review by Derf
Well I hope this qualifies, it is definately kitchen sink shrimp salad!! I used butter lettuce, bits of red, yellow and green sweet pepper, celery, green onion, cucumber, diced tomato and a couple of chopped snap peas. but instead of the sour cream & mustard & orange juice I just placed the shrimp on top and put a spoon full of seafood sauce on top, with some garlic/balsamic dressing around the greens. Turned out delicious and used up a lot of bits and pieces left in the fridge, but no fruit, will have to try it with fruit too and will try the dressing too. Thanks for a great idea!! I will be doing this one again often!!
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (I use Boiled Shrimp for salads Boiled Shrimp (for salads) to prepare the shrimp)
- 5 ounces spinach leaves, trimed and torn in pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 -3 kiwi, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- strawberry, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, vegetables and fruit in large salad bowl.
- Mix together sour cream, mustard and orange juice in small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Toss well.
- Add almonds to salad.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If desired garnish with sliced strawberries.