Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my most FAMOUS culinary creation. It gets it's name from the fact that I didn't have a bowl large enough to toss it. I'd scour my stainless steel sink and toss it there! However, it looks best prepared in a big glass bowl as colorful layers - BEAUTIFUL & showy potluck recipe. Best if made right before serving.
- 1 large romaine lettuce
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 oranges or 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 (8 ounce) container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen green peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature shell pasta
- sliced red onions (optional) or cheddar cheese (optional) or canned baby shrimp (optional)
- Boil pasta according to box directions. Drain & Cool.
- Wash all vegetables & prepare as noted above.
- Run cold water over frozen peas to thaw.
- Layer: lettuce, yellow/orange pepper, green pepper, pasta, peas, corn, cucumber, tomatoes.
- Serve with your favorite dressing - poppy seed is especially good on this salad.