Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is great for using up leftovers, or cleaning out the veggie bin of your refrigerator. Whenever we have leftover pinto beans, the kids look forward to having nachos. Our favorite toppings include grilled chicken, peppers, mushrooms, sour cream, and black olives.
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, squash, tomato, ect.)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked chicken (or whatever you have left over- steak, taco meat, roast, shrimp, bbq)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- Arrange tortilla chips on platter.
- Top chips with shredded cheese, and place in microwave. Heat on high for 20-25 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Heat olive oil in pan on med-high heat, add veggies, cumin, and pepper flakes. saute until desired doneness, add chicken to heat through. Remove from heat.
- Spread veggie mixture over chips.
- Top with additional cheese if desired, sour cream and additional toppings.
We loved these. I was kinda lazy so I put everything in my food chopper(green onion, red bell pepper, and onion). Since it pulverized everything, I used tomato paste for the tomato. Were great, kinda like a thick salsa. Also used a monterey jack-cheddar blend. Didn't take a pic as I thought it LOOKED kinda bad- but now I realize I should've because it was GOOD.Made these the last night of ZWT5 for The Groovy Gastrognomes & Family Picks.
I had left over taco meat from making enchiladas last night, half a can or so of refried beans sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be used, a little bit of sour cream that was about to expire, a tomato that was getting over-ripe, some green onions & olives that I had chopped up to garnish last night's dinner - I saw this recipe and thought WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I had some multi-grain Tostitos in the pantry, spread them out on an ovenproof plate, slathered on some beans and meat, and covered the whole thing with shredded medium cheddar cheese. I put the sour cream, black olives, green onions and tomatoes in the middle of the table and hubby & I dressed our own plates (we each had our own gigantic mound of cheesy goodness) as we wished. GREAT recipe! I used my oven instead of the microwave. There are endless variations to this recipe - just loved it! Perfect for a quick lunch! Made for Family Picks, ZWT5 for the Groovy GastroGnomes!
This was the only chicken nachos recipe I saw in the all player book so I had to give this a try. This was great for using up all the odds and ends I have here after cooking so much Mexican food for the tour. I used everything you suggested here with my cheese being a reduced fat blend of cheddar and Monterrey Jack. Then, I piled even more on with a bit of refried beans, a bit of guacamole, tiny bit of avocado I had left over and then made sure I had sour cream spritzed with a bit of lime ready for dunking. Made for the Family Picks portion of ZWT5 for Chow Hounds.