I like this recipe because it yields quite a lot! They taste delicious and my kids and I had fun making them :)
- 2 cups melted fat (1 cup oil and 1 cup margarine)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (300 g) package chocolate chips (large package)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend first three ingredients; add peanut butter.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in oats and cereal.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder; add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Yield: 9 dozen.
I made these for the students' Christmas party. One thing I will suggest is that you do not refrigerate this dough. It is extremely hard to work with after it has been refrigerated. I will make these again, however I will not refrigerate the dough.