Recipe by soldiergirl
This recipe started out as an old Mrs Field's recipe, but one day I had to improvise.. a lot.. and ended up throwing in everything I had handy. Hence the name. This recipe is very easy to alter you can add or omit anything you like.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (all chocolate chip and nut measurements are approx)
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup almonds (sliced or chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the creamed sugars and mix together.
- Add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. It's much easier if you stir the flour and oatmeal into the mixture as you add them. It will keep your cookie dough from getting clumpy. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop cookies onto pan, the drop should be about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Bake in oven (preheated to 375 degrees) for 6-8 minutes.