Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This delicious cake includes fruits, nuts, and vegetables all in one tasty cake. It is moist and dense thanks to the carrots, pineapple, bananas, and raisins. An excellent fruit cake served with or without the cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, finely grated (about 2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Soak raisins in hot water for 30 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour a 9”x13”x2” baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for metal pan or 325 degrees Fahrenheit for glass pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs on medium speed until combined.
- Whisk in carrots, pineapple, and bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, one third at a time, until incorporated.
- Fold in pecans and raisins with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tester in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cinnamon if using, in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cake.
A very good cake, but the name is a little deceiving. When I served it to my husband, I told him it was more like a Morning Glory cake. I was looking for a recipe that uses ripe bananas, since I'm usually making banana bread, and wanted to break that habit. Recipe called for a lot of sugar, so I cut the white and brown sugars down to 2/3 cups each, and added 4 small ripe bananas instead, so my sweetness would be there. It came out just right. Very moist due to the bananas, the moist raisins, and the pineapple. . Very nice ... will keep this in my cookbook for future use. Thanks foodtvfan!